A Guide to Public Hearing
In a public hearing, you can watch a plenary session and special committee meetings in person.The website of Goryeong County Council explains what Goryeong County Council does,
introduces council members (7 members) and describes organization, board and meeting minutes.
Permission to attend
- The chairman issues admission tickets and thereby permits the attendances.
- The classification of and kinds of the public gallery
- The public gallery is divided into general seats for citizens and seats for reporters.
- The kinds of admissions tickets are divided into general tickets, group tickets, and long-term tickets.
Delivery and Registration of Admission Tickets
- The admission tickets are directed by the chairman, and delivered by the director of administrative work after determining the required number.
Restrictions to Hearing
- Those who have lethal weapons or dangerous items
- Those who are in a state of intoxication
- Those who are insane
- Others whose behaviors are judged suspicious or those who may disturb the order
- If necessary, the chairman may allow the concerned staffs or police officials to investigate the belongings of the spectators.
- To maintain the order, the chairman can restrict, if there is need to restrict the number of spectators or if there is no more seats, he can restrict them form attending the hearings.
Things for Spectators to Observe
- An act of entering the inside of council hall
- An act of putting on a cap and an overcoat
- An act of carrying and brining in the items regardless of the council.
- An act of eating food and smoking
- An act of reading newspapers and other books
- An act of sound recording, video recording, filming without the chairman’s permission.
- An act of expressing pros and cons in the open over the opinions stated in the council or clapping hands.
- Other acts of disturbing the council progress including a noise.
- ※ Your mobile phone and beeper must be set into the vibration mode.
- Individual: Visit, call or fax the Secretariat before the meeting.
- Group: Visit, call or fax the Secretariat and inform the leader’s name, number of visitors, purpose of visit before the meeting.
- TEL: Goryeong County Council Secretariat ☎ 054)950-6430, FAX: 054)954-1186)